There are many types of scrap metal waste.Your scrap, like all the other materials you create for your business, can become a problem if not properly managed.
It can be difficult to manage your scrap metal recycling.It can be difficult to manage any kind of recycling, especially if it is not your core business function. NRI’s professional logistics specialists are a better option.It won’t take you long to find the right recycling center or decide what can be recycled.Give us a call to get the best scrap metal price.
Only a small amount of scrap metal can be recycled.There are some exceptions to the recycling of many non-ferrous and ferrous metals.This is a list of recyclable metals.
- Stainless Steel
- Nickel Alloy
- Insulated Copper Wire
- Electronic Scrap
- Tool Steel
- Zinc/Die Cast and More
You can recycle scrap metal, which is one of the most valuable resources. It also includes many consumer products. Metal is all around us, from appliances to clothes hangers to cans to batteries to cans and cans.It is important to recycle metal in order not only to keep this small amount of material out of landfills but also because it can help you make money.
Preparation for Metal Recycling
- Scrap metal must contain at least 50% metal.It doesn’t matter if the metal is covered in other materials, such as plastic, it is worth recycling if it’s mostly made of metal.
- You can separate metal from products that contain only a small amount.A plastic three-ring binder, for example, is not considered scrap metal. However, you can remove the metal rings to make it more useful.
- You can classify scrap metal as either ferrous (containing iron such as steel) or nonferrous (everything). You will need to determine whether your scrap metal is ferrous (containing iron, such as steel) or nonferrous (everything else). This can be done with a magnet.Nonferrous metals do not stick to magnets, but ferrous metals will.
- Earth911’s scrap metal directory can be used to locate a recycler. Contact the company or visit their webpage to learn about current payouts and what material is required.
- Scrap metal recyclers may require that you bring identification to recycle. This is done to stop people from taking scrap metal (e.g. road signs, metal barriers) or selling it as scrap.
Why recycle metal?
- Metal is one of few items you can recycle regularly for money. However, you will usually be paid per pound. This makes it an excellent fundraising opportunity.
- While nonferrous scrap is only 10% of all material recycled in the U.S.A, it generates more than half the scrap recycling revenue.
- Metal is scarce and we cannot make more of it from natural resources.
Leaders in scrap metal recycling
NRI can be reached at any time.To get a quote or to answer any questions, contact NRI today. We provide services to customers in the Minneapolis and St. Paul area.